This is a general guideline to the process. This may vary due to conditions unique to every project.
- Initial conversation to discuss project, current stage of design and our proposed scope of involvement.
- Preliminary consultation if required.
- If available and pertinent to the project, client to provide a copy of the proposed floor plans. It is very advantageous to include plans showing furnishings and art layout.
- After reviewing the plans we will provide a design cost estimate. Depending on the clients design development stage and current documentation, the more efficiently we can estimate this cost.
- Consultation with client, architect or interior designer may be required at this point. This may include our creating preliminary schemes, sketches and plans.
- After cost estimate for design is agreed upon we will proceed with any additional meetings required, including code interpretations from the local building authority.
- Begin design and development of the plan.
- Coordinate with interior designer, architect, builder, electrician and other craftsman throughout the project. Update plans during process to reflect changes required for architectural, Interior design or mechanical requirements or changes.
- Coordinate with client, architect, and landscape architect to develop an exterior lighting plan. Lighting plan will consider mature growth of landscape and maintenance factors.
- Assist electrical contractor with final focusing of lighting and control programming after furnishings and art is installed.
- Complete programming of dimming and control devices. Adjust lighting scenes to client’s personal lifestyle.
- Final walk through of project with client.